You typically hear from us every month or two on recent IP, client observations, and industry insights. During this unique time, we are sharing a more diverse set of content that is helpful to those managing through volatility, working from home, or just connecting. Our Tuesday TouchPoints series will continue to share thinking from various HPA leaders on what the health crisis means to you in education, finance, retail, strategy, and everyday life.
Read them at the links below, and sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of this page) to get them delivered to your inbox each Tuesday.
- May 26, 2020 – Building a Social Impact Strategy for COVID-19 and Beyond, by Mark Feldman
How can companies activate meaningful social impact during COVID-19, and longer-term? Mark Feldman, Founder & Managing Director of Cause Consulting, discusses this important question and outlines six considerations.
- May 19, 2020 – Rising to the Occasion: New Normals for Retail, by Meka Millstone-Shroff
Meka Millstone-Shroff, retail executive with over 20 years of experience growing consumer-facing businesses, examines the emerging trends retailers need to adopt – and those they’ll need to let go of – in order to survive shifting consumer needs and evolving safety requirements.
- May 12, 2020 – Banking on a Better Position After the Crisis, by Katie Liebel
HPA Advisor Katie Liebel shares how both bank customers and banking providers can use the current financial disruption to better position themselves for the long-term, outlining four opportunities for retail banking anchored in the perspective of both the consumer and the banker
- May 12, 2020 – Wealth / Asset Management: Fast-Forward Your New Business Model Now, by Peter Fisher
HPA Project Leader Peter Fisher outlines implications for wealth and asset managers, and explains how companies must rapidly shift priorities and pursue emerging opportunities in the “new” landscape
- May 12, 2020 – The Crisis calls for Adjustments to your Fintech & Insurtech Strategy, by Luiz Zorzella
HPA Consultant Luiz Zorzella explains why and how banks, insurance companies and investment companies should quickly revisit their fintech strategy in today’s rapidly evolving ecosystem in order to strengthen their position in key markets
- May 5, 2020 – Berkshire Hathaway Week – Influencer Takeaways, by Sumeet Goel
HPA Founder Sumeet Goel shares insights from influencers ranging from a psychologist and NYT best-selling author, a Princeton University Dean, the Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer of the NBA, longtime CEO and Chairman of Graham Holdings (formerly the Washington Post Company), and the Founder and CEO of Collaborative Gain, all in the context of our COVID world and the annual Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting.
- April 28, 2020 – Rethinking Enterprise-wide Initiatives in a Disrupted Market, by Chris Fox
HighPoint Senior Advisor Chris Fox discusses how to deal with enterprise-wide initiatives in the context of this pandemic, and recommends companies move faster and reimagine how things are done.
- April 21, 2020 – Lessons from the Cannonball Run: Get Moving!, by Sumeet Goel
Founder & Managing Director Sumeet Goel discusses the need to Get Moving and accelerate your preparedness for the future new normal, in the face of crisis.
- April 14, 2020 – Maintaining Customer Relationships in a Time of Crisis, by Robbie Kellman Baxter
HPA Advisor, strategy consultant and author Robbie Kellman Baxter discusses the importance of focusing on long term customer relationships and predictable, recurring revenue for survival in a time of crisis.
- April 7, 2020 – Food in the Time of Coronavirus, by Meredith Sandland
HPA Advisor Meredith Sandland shares insight on current obstacles facing the Food & Beverage industry, explaining how we as consumers can help, and predictions on the lasting influence COVID-19 is likely to have as the industry faces major disruption.
- March 31,2020 – My New Job, by Tim DeRoche
Where will the education system go from here? HPA Consultant Tim DeRoche shares his industry insight and personal experience, outlining some of the current major issues at play for schools and educators and predictions for longer term impacts across the broader education industry.
- March 31, 2020 – Planning and Prep: Creating Work From Home Success, by Bob Kaplan
HPA Senior Advisor Bob Kaplan shares his personal framework for a successful virtual office space, and simple but meaningful ways to avoid common frustrations.
- March 24, 2020 – How Strategy Development Changes in a Downturn, by Justin Moser
HPA COO Justin Moser discusses six key shifts in thinking that are key to managing in the midst of a downturn.
- March 17, 2020 – What to Watch at Home, by Sumeet Goel
HPA Founder Sumeet Goel contributes to the dialogue on how to cope with COVID-19 with his Peak TV recommendations.